Sunday

core 365 Tao

for my friends in blog land

this is a daily meditation that I send around the world It is usually shown with graphics and a cool font, and I am working on getting this into the blog. In the meantime, the straight meditation will be edited here. Enjoy.


core

What is the difference between a monk and a
husband?
What is the difference between a priest and a
layperson?
I accept that this world is terrible and full of suffering.
And I also enjoy happiness when it comes to me.
As long as I am with Tao, distinctions are
superfluous.



A spiritual initiate should not feel smug. They have no greater
chance of enlightenment than ordinary people. An ordinary person
shouldn't look down on the holy aspirant; everyday life is so full
of distractions that finding spirituality is not easy. Frankly,
neither being a religious initiate nor being a layperson is the
deciding factor in whether a person finds Tao or not. Identities
only get in the way.

I do not need to pretend that I am anyone other than myself. I do
not need to feel insecure about my perceptions. The self-cultivation
that I undertake is to perfect who I am, not to become someone other
than who I am.'

I pursue the spiritual because it gives me tremendous satisfaction.
I do not pursue it because of threats of hell, ignorance, or suffering.

Life has its sad and happy moments. I accept them all. Life has its
times of dispassion and utter serenity. Those are the moments that I
seek. They give me my path through the myriad phenomena of this
existence. I do not compare myself to ascetics and priests. Let them
have their lives. I enjoy mine.




core
365 Tao
daily meditations
Deng Ming-Dao (author)
ISBN 0-06-250223-9

duckdaotsu.org
tao hub
support
sustain
LIST OF BOOKS**

archived with clearer view of image *
at http://www.duckdaotsu.org/10/core.html

**Suggested reading of daoist texts ancient poetry and contemporary Chinese literature is available at the site.
receive a full HTML copy of the daily meditation sent directly to your inbox, please send a note with the words "subscribe tao" in the subject line to mailto:duckdaotsu@earthlink.net Make sure to write subscribe or I might consider it spam and toss it!
also, do let me know if you wish to unsubscribe from the daily meditations or take a
vacation
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

No comments: